Choosing the perfect mohel for the perfect circumcision experience is not an easy feat to accomplish. Every single detail, from the mohel’s training and expertise to the tone of their voice and their affability, has to be taken into consideration for your newborn son’s first covenant with God. If you are currently residing in the MD/DC/VA area, Rabbi Avraham Rappaport is here to meet all of your criteria and put his wealth of knowledge and unparalleled technique at your disposal!
But what does Rabbi Rappaport do differently from other mohels that makes him the perfect choice for your newborn son’s Bris Milah ceremony? What brings Rabbi Rappaport out as an expert mohel? Today, we will describe Rabbi Rappaport’s take on circumcision procedures in detail and teach you what separates a world-renowned mohel from an average one!
Making Sure that Your Son Has the Perfect Circumcision Experience!
#1: Preparing for the Physical Circumcision Ceremony
Rabbi Rappaport encourages the parents’ close involvement in the Bris Milah ceremony. As the ceremony draws near, Rabbi Rappaport will ask you to prepare and have the following items on hand:
- A firm sleeping pillow
- Four cloth diapers (or towels)
- Two tallits (i.e., prayer shawls)
- Kosher sweet grape wine & kiddush cup (i.e., for the blessings said over wine to sanctify the ceremony.
As for medicine and other medical supplies, such as Bacitracin and gauze, you can rest assured that Rabbi Rappaport will bring everything necessary to smoothen your son’s circumcision experience and recovery.
#2: How Does Rabbi Rappaport’s Bris Milah Ceremony Take Place?
How does Rabbi Rappaport approach the circumcision ceremony? Let us follow the ceremony step-by-step, from the moment the baby is brought into the circumcision room to the resounding wish of “Mazel Tov!” that concludes the ceremony!
First, the Kvater (i.e., a person or a couple) enters with the baby and places it on a chair designated as the Chair of Elijah. Since the Jewish tradition teaches the participation of the Prophet Elijah at every circumcision to protect the baby boy, the Bris Milah ceremony includes an “Elijah’s Chair,” where the godfather holds the baby on his lap. The godfather (usually a grandfather) receives the title of Sandek.
Then, after reciting the first blessing, Rabbi Rappaport performs the circumcision in less than 40 seconds! Immediately after the circumcision, Rabbi Rappaport will recite another blessing over a cup of wine and bestow the Hebrew name unto the boy. Once the naming ceremony is over, Rabbi Rappaport concludes the circumcision with a resounding wish of “Mazel Tov!” and announces the beginning of a light meal consisting of bread, wine, and refreshments.
How Do You Choose the Perfect Mohel for the Perfect Circumcision Experience?
Although the way Rabbi Rappaport conducts the Bris Milah ceremony does not differ significantly from other mohels, no two circumcisions are identical. Multiple factors can alter how an expert mohel approaches each circumcision, such as each baby’s unique anatomy. By choosing Rabbi Rappaport, you are entrusting your newborn son’s first commandment into the hands of an expert who:
- Is knowledgeable in Jewish laws about circumcision: Rabbi Rappaport is a certified expert mohel who received his ordination through the Chief Rabbinate of the State of Israel. He holds a BA in Talmudic Law from the Ner Israel Rabbinical College of Baltimore, MD. His extensive training and expertise cover every aspect of the circumcision procedure, including when it’s done, how it’s done to make it kosher, and the laws about whether it needs to be pushed off because of health or other circumstances.
- Takes pride in the meaning of the ceremony: the symbolism behind the ceremony drives Rabbi Rappaport’s dedication to the event. Rabbi Rappaport begins the Bris Milah with a beautiful, meaningful, and inclusive introduction about the significance of the ceremony, thus elevating the physical aspect of the event by the symbolism and the appreciation of the circumcision.
- Conducts the Bris Milah in multiple languages: Rabbi Rappaport aims to create an inclusive ceremony, where participants can feel like a welcome part of the Bris Milah regardless of gender and background. Therefore, he will bestow different honors upon family members and conduct the ceremony in both Hebrew and English in order to make the Bris Milah as meaningful as the occasion calls for.
Choosing Rabbi Rappaport for a Perfect Circumcision Experience
With over 4,000 Bris Milah ceremonies conducted across the country and the world, Rabbi Avraham Rappaport is one of the best mohels in the MD/DC/VA area. Whether it’s for yourself or your newborn son, Rabbi Rappaport is ready to put his wealth of knowledge and experience at your service and guide you through your very own perfect circumcision experience! Thousands of grateful families recommend him as the perfect mohel for the perfect Bris Milah ceremony! So don’t hesitate to contact Rabbi Rappaport and entrust your baby’s first covenant into his hands right away! We also invite you to read or write a review of your experience with Rabbi Rappaport!
If you plan to organize a ritual circumcision for yourself or your child, let Rabbi Rappaport do the job. Contact him anytime on his cell at: 443-790-6541. You can also send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit his website. He will be happy to support you in making sure you have a perfect experience!